Monday, March 21, 2011

Make-It Monday: Yarn Shopping Excursions Results!

Instead of staying in my pyjamas all weekend (though I must admit I spent relatively little of Sunday out of them) we went to Main Street on Saturday for a shopping "excursion." I'm still not sure quite how I did it, but I convinced my guy to give me a ride all the way out there so that I could visit a couple of local yarn shops, Three Bags Full and Birkeland Brothers. I think I promised to get him a coffee, which he went and got for himself after the first five minutes he spent in sheer boredom at the first store! At any rate (despite the yarn shopping), we had an enjoyable afternoon drinking coffee as we wandered along looking in store fronts. For those of you who aren't from around here (or who haven't been to this part of town), Main Street is a great mixture of cool, funky shops, weird old hold-outs from another time period, random utilitarian shops (like bathroom fixture emporiums), comic book and game shops and overpriced hipster clothing. Fantastic for window shopping on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Here's what I picked up.

Three Bags Full:



Birkeland Bros:



Oh, and I also got this book. Oops. Even Opie seems to think I have too many books. I think he's trying to say "and where are you going to keep this one? There's no more room on the bookshelves and I'm not giving up my pillow."


No comments:

Post a Comment