So you may remember that I took some photos of a cowl in the making a week or two ago. Well, I've finally finished! This one was a bit of a monster of a project because the yarn I was using, though beautiful, soft and warm, is quite narrow, and I was making a very long scarf to join in a loop. Here is the final result:
I tried doing the Kitchener stitch to join the scarf, which apparently was supposed to make it look seamless. Not quite:
But I just wear that in the back of the first loop and it's more or less hidden.
Though it took nearly a month of daily work and lots of sore muscles and cramped fingers, I'm pleased to say that I got to wear it for the first time today! And given that it's a particularly wet and miserable Monday (see my previous post), it was the one thing that brightened up my day!
If you'd like to make one, the basic pattern is courtesy of Julianne Smith and is available on her site here. Thanks, Julianne!
Of course, true to form, I'm already well on the way with my next project:
This one is a cowl made of chunky 100% Baby Alpaca yarn - it is so soft that I swear the first time I touched it I wanted to wrap myself up in an entire suit made from it and stay there forever. It is absolutely incredible. Even J. was impressed by its softness - though he did have some concerns about just what happens to the baby Alpacas to get the yarn off them. Pretty sure he was joking.
Until next Monday....