Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Prodigal Knitter Returns....

I know it's been a VERY long time since I've posted anything on this blog. The reason being.... well, I haven't had anything to post about! I hurt my shoulder back in the spring, which led to a hiatus from knitting... that lasted all summer. And part of the fall.

But, as of last weekend, I'm back. I hauled my knitting gear out of the closet, took stock of the projects I had on the go... and discovered a nasty surprise. Those of you who read my other blog may already know - I discovered that I hadn't sealed some of my projects in ziploc bags, and the moths had gotten to them. So rather than picking up where I left off with my beautiful baby alpaca, I had to soak, wash, rinse and dry all the yarn left in my knitting bag. Not fun. Let this be a lesson to all you sporadic knitters out there!

Fortunately it's all now as good as new, and the moths didn't actually do much damage - they only chewed through a couple of strands. And while I waited for my existing projects to dry out, I started a new one, so it's all good. I am determined - DETERMINED - to knit a blanked this winter. So I started knitting my first coloured square. Though I decided I'm just going to knit until the yarn runs out and then start a new one, so it may end up as more of a rectangle. I'll take pictures when I've got a few more rows done and post them.

In the meantime, here are some inspirational knitting photos I found on the interweb!






No comments:

Post a Comment